Low level Laser Therapy administered by Lily Enright
Laser Therapy also called low level laser therapy or cold therapy is a safe, painless technology that has been scientifically proven to effectively treat a wide range of both acute and chronic conditions. Lasers work by supplying energy to the area being treated in the form of photon light. This energy is absorbed by the cells in the tissue where it accelerates the normal rate of tissue healing.
Over the years laser therapy has been integrated at the Craniosacral & Physical Therapy clinic. It has proven to be very beneficial in the treatment of persistent and “difficult-to-treat” conditions, including achilles tendonitis, arthritis, plantar fasciitis and other joint and muscle pains.
Benefits of Laser Therapy
- Treatment can commence immediately after injury.
- Safe to treat over pins and plates and pacemakers.
- Drug free pain relief without the unwanted side-effects.
Clinical effects of low level laser therapy
- Reduces swelling and inflammation: Stimulates lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling.
- Speeds up healing: Stimulates the cells around the injury to increase the speed, quality and strength of tissue repair.
- Pain relief: Inhibits the nerves related to the site of pain.
- Pre-existing scar tissue also improves after laser treatment.
Conditions treated using Laser Therapy include: -
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Golfers Elbow & Tennis Elbow
- Inflammatory conditions - tendonitis, bursitis, myositis, fascitis, synovitis and general tissue inflammatory conditions
- Joint pain - rheumatic pain, arthritis, TMJ, knee joint pain, ankle joint pain, hip joint pain, shoulder joint pain
- Muscle, Tendons, Ligaments - Muscle tears, rotator cuff tears, tendons tears, ligament strains and sprains, fractures, subluxations,
- Nerve Pain & Neuralgia
- Pain Control - low back pain, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, calcification, chondromalacia patella, head and neck injuries, whiplashes, and Achilles tendonitis
- Sports Injuries
- Next >>